Friday, October 24, 2008

10 Things you may not know about me. :D

I have been tagged by dayngr to go through the file cabinets in my head and figure out 10 things you probably don't know about me. So here we go!

1. I feel most comfortable with either children or the elderly. I feel most uneasy around my peers.
2. I didn't learn to swim in the deep end of the pool 'til I was 13, I was too afraid to before that. Now I teach special needs children to swim.
3. I am so afraid I will never be able to have children.
4. I get angry at parent's who call Autism a "curse." Yes it can be hard, yes it is life changing, yes depression sets it. Move on...you can't let it stop your life and you need to make the best of what you have. And yes I do have room to talk, I've been beaten on, bitten, almost had my nose broke, been glared at and yelled at in stores because the child was screaming and crying and having a melt down and we had to restrain him, I've been rammed into. And all this by my wonderful brother. I wouldn't have it any other way. You live and you learn and that is all you can do.
5. I am scared to move away from my mom and brother.
6. I have 6 piercings. ;) all above the waist.
7. I never really know the right thing to say, so I run the conversation in my head...and never say any of it out loud.
8. I have a huge super crush on Anthony Michael Hall. (I totally <3 geeks!)
9. I was so desperate to sleep with this one guy in high school, and when we did years later...it wasn't all I made him out to be. Isn't that usually how it goes?
10. I hate the color pink but it is one of the colors that looks best on me.

1 comment:

eMOM said...

So great to learn more about you!