Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stir-fry shrimp

Yesterday I made this dish. It was pretty good, though I think next time I will get better shrimp. These were good but they could have been better.

Enough shrimp for however many people serving. I go by 3-5 shrimp per person. I got fresh shell-on shrimp.
3 small-medium zucchini
1 summer squash (I would have used two but Mishu isn't hot on it)
1/4-1/3 cup sliced onion
whatever spices you want (I used a couple garlic mixes)
Teriyaki sauce to taste
1/4 cup water
olive oil
(you can also add water chestnuts and snap peas, carrots and whatever else, this is just what I had in the fridge)

Coat the bottom of the fry pan or wok in the olive oil. Start with the zucchini and as it starts to soften, add the onions and a little bit of the water. As the onions start to become clear, add the summer squash. A couple minutes later, add the shrimp and the teriyaki sauce. Cook for no more than 5-7 minutes more based on the size of the shrimp.
The last minute, I drained most of the liquid off and used it to garnish once on the plates.

Photobucket

No comments: