Ok everyone, I know I haven't been on much but a lot has been going on this week. Monday morning I was violently ill. More than my gall stones ever made me feel. I ended up going in to the docs and with way too much protein in my urine and my blood pressure skyrocketed, they called me into the hospital ASAP. I went in extremely dehydrated and they started testing me for pre-eclampsia right away. I am still in the hospital. Probably will be for a while but we are taking it one step at a time. I have been diagnosed Pre eclampsic. So far though, since yesterday, my levels (all sorts of stuff, including protein and keetones (sp) in urine) have become more "normal" again and the girls' heart rates have become more normal as well. My blood pressure is still high but they are giving me another 24 hours with the urine test and letting me be off the heart and blood pressure monitors for now. I'm still hooked up to IV but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm still a little dehydrated. As of this morning, I was supposed to go in for a c-section anytime after noon, but after re-checking some of my levels they decided to try to wait another 24 hours. Now, that's not saying that if something turns back the way it's been the last 2 days that they won't put me in for surgery ASAP. As for the girls, they are healthy. It's just my body that seems to have decided to get sick. If they docs can keep me stabilized, they want to keep the girls in as long as possible since the best incubator is a mom's body. But if my levels go wacky again, the only cure for the pre-e is to deliver them. It would put my health and their health in too much danger.
Just wanted to let you all know what is going on in my neck of the woods! <3