Sunday, November 7, 2010

Who doesn't love sending holdiay mail?!

This is really the first year I've even considered sending holiday (pretty much Christmas for us) cards. Even though Mishu and I were married last year, we weren't living together and it just, well, didn't seem right. Plus, I was too busy preparing for a cross-country move at the time. Not that I am not busy this year, preparing for the Squiddies' arrival...I just seems the right time now to start sending out the cards.
There are a lot of different card companies and well, it's also real simple to buy the standard cards from the corner drug store. I've done those a couple times and they are nice and fine enough but I always loved getting the photo cards from friends and family every year. We usually got them from friends and family that lived far away and it was great to get to see their faces again. With us being so far away from all of our family, I figured I'd start our own family tradition of sending our smiling faces with warm Christmas greetings.
It just so happens that Shutterfly is doing a promotion with bloggers where you can get 50 cards for free! And well, if you don't feel like blogging about it, you can save save 20% off the cost of the cards!
The design Mishu and I have chosen is this card because it's simple yet traditional.
Shutterfly has a ton of other great stuff as well, not just cards or holiday cards. We actually ordered some photobooks for my mom and mother-in-law for Mother's Day. They also have address labels, gift tags (which is awesome), and much much more!
I also noticed on there that they do Christmas birth announcements...which hey, we might be doing depending on when our Thing 1 and Thing 2 decide to grace us with their presence!

So yeah, go get your Holidays on!

No comments: