Friday, July 31, 2009

I didn't realise how much I missed working and kids!

I have been going through hoops here at Ft. Gordon to start working as a respite worker through the EFMP department. Ugh...It's been total crap. And to make it worse, not many people are willing to work with me because I am only down here until late August. So I chalked it up to a loss until I got a call from a mom yesterday wanting to know if I would do some last minute babysitting for her. :D YAY! I finally got some work. She wanted me to work Thurs-Sat but I have plans Friday and Saturday. She wasn't upset with that at all, she was just happy to get even one day. I guess there were some issues with her previous worker or agency or something so she had to change last minute. She had two kids, both under 10 and one had ADHD. I loved working with them!

I feel so guilty now though, because at this point after not working all summer, I honestly can't wait to get back to IL to work in the school system again! I'll be back with 1st and 2nd graders again and I will be working with all my swim students again! I miss them all so much.

No comments: