Monday, March 22, 2010

Chicago-area trip so far...

I got in safely Friday evening. :) Stopped by my favorite local bakery, Sweety Pies. I missed their stuff so much! Friday night, my mom and I watched Precious and Did You Hear About The Morgans. Both were good in their own ways.
Saturday my brother had his regional swim meet for the IL Special Olympics. The team did well, and I will get full results from my mom later this week. My brother's relay team got a silver medal (2nd place).
Photobucket
Then, on his individual races, the 100m Freestyle/Front crawl and the 50m Backstroke, he got gold (first!)!
Photobucket

This means that he will be going downstate in June for the Summer Special Olympics IL games! :)

Saturday night we watched Twilight: New Moon. I saw it in the theaters before but definitely was not upset about seeing it again! ;) I'm not one to turn down some nice eye candy! :D


Sunday, I met a friend and her daughter for breakfast at Sweety Pies. Her daughter was the flower girl for my wedding and they had not seen the pictures yet, so I used that as a nice opportunity to catch up with them and eat breakfast again at one of my favorite places. :D Later that day, the bro-dude had hockey practice at which a couple of the Hawks' Girls came and signed autographs for the kids and ex-player and ex-coach Dennis Savard came to play with them! It was all pretty cool. :)

Photobucket

My brother is in is in the red jersey:
Photobucket


A friend, Candace and my uncle and cousin came over for dinner yesterday. We ordered pizza and had fun watching tv and talking. :)

So far today has been just a relaxing day. I need to start loading the pick-up soon with the stuff I came back up here for. There was a lot of stuff that the movers did not take and with my mom buying a house soon, I need to get it out of her place. I watched The Princess and The Frog. Another cute movie. My great-aunt will be coming over this evening and we'll be grabbing dinner. :)

Tomorrow I leave first thing to go back to GA. I'm hoping to make it in one day. If not, I'm hoping not to stop for the night until at least Tennessee or so. 

No comments: