So here is the recipe. It's the Pillsbury one off of allrecipes.com, but I will share it with my pictures. :)
Here is the prep stage: Peeling and coring the apples:
Then I had the pie crust. Yes, I did get the pre-made stuff.
Here is the pie, pre-baking.
AAANNND here is the pie all done being baked. :)
Here is your recipe:
Prep time: 30 minutes, Cook time 40-45 minutes, Cooling time: 2 hours.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Here's the link if you want it: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Perfect-Apple-Pie-3/Detail.aspx
The pie tastes great! I used Macintosh apples and the pie is good. A little tart but good. :D I took a picture of the finished product but I guess it didn't completely take and well...it was eaten quickly after! Maybe if we have a slice tomorrow I'll snap a picture.
PS it completely annoys me that when I adjust the size of the pictures on photobucket, it doesn't really show up that way. :p